Do you want to:
✓ make a big impact on Internet governance in your community?
✓ receive training and connect with a network of key influencers in the Internet governance sphere?
✓ attend a key Internet event?
✓ gain access to a platform where you can raise your voice on Internet issues that matter to you?
Become an Internet Society Youth Ambassador!
Each year, the Internet Society chooses fifteen young, passionate people to participate in our Youth Ambassador Program, equipping the next generation of Internet leaders to collaborate and innovate for a better world.
This is 10-month program brings the opportunity to:
- Attend a significant Internet event, such as the Global IGF, RightsCon or a Regional IGF.
- Deepen your subject expertise through specific Internet governance online training.
- Broaden your advocacy, diplomacy, communications, project management, and leadership skills.
- Engage and collaborate with key Internet stakeholders from around the world.
- Be mentored by key Internet leaders and experts.
- Develop the skills and connections needed to make more of an impact in your local community (and beyond!)
Am I Eligible?
If you are an Internet Society member aged 18-30, you can apply.
All applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18-30 at the date of the submitted application
- Be comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions
- Have a high level of reading, speaking and writing skills in English
- Be able to present a strong interest in Internet governance, project management, advocacy, communications, and diplomacy
- Have continuous access to the Internet during all the phases of the program
- Be able to dedicate a minimum of 4 hours per week during the full program duration
- Have the availability to take part in weekly meetings and webinars
- Be able to travel and hold a valid passport
- Not have been previously selected as an Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassador, Youth@IGF Fellow, or IGF Youth Ambassador
As a Youth Ambassador, you are equipped with knowledge and skills to influence policies that defend the Internet while innovating for a better world.
At a glance
1 February 2023
22 February 2023
You will also have the opportunity to attend an event especially selected according to your preferences, profile, and location. The events include:
- The Global IGF
- A Regional IGF
- Follow this link to learn more https://www.internetsociety.org/policy-programs/youth-ambassadors/