Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 334,800 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Consulting, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services.
As part of our offerings, our Consulting team provides recruitment services on behalf of our clients.
About Our Client – Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund
The Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund (“the Fund” or “GIIF”) is a corporate body wholly owned by the Republic of Ghana and established pursuant to the Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund Act, 2014, Act 877. The Fund’s mandate is to mobilize, manage, coordinate, and provide financial resources for investment in a diversified portfolio of infrastructure projects in Ghana for national development.
The Fund seeks qualified professionals to join their team. Through a system of integrated and internally consistent policies the Fund will undertake the following:
- Attract and retain a workforce with the requisite skill mix, have a sense of professionalism, well-motivated and capable of achieving the mission, goals, and objectives of the Fund.
- Achieve sustained high levels of performance through people by motivating them through incentives, rewards, leadership, and promotional opportunities as well as personal development opportunities.
We are seeking an IT Manager to be responsible for the overall IT infrastructure design, application of systems/software, provision of corporate IT training and maintaining network security and standards to support operations.
Reports To: Director/HR & Administration
Direct Reports: Senior IT Officer
Division: Finance & Administration
Department: HR & Administration
- Director/HR & Administration
- Senior IT Officer
- Service Providers
- Communication Companies
- External Auditors
Key Result Areas
- Strategy & Policy Development
- IT Infrastructure Design & Management
- Monitoring Standards
- Financial Management
- Information & Reporting
- Employee Performance & Development
Strategy & Policy Development
- Plan, develop and monitor the implementation of IT strategies and governance system to enhance GIIF’s business operations.
- Develop IT policies, standard operating procedures, work plan, control systems including monitoring mechanisms to manage the IT function.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of Information Systems Security policies.
- Advise Management on new IT trends and related business initiatives.
IT Infrastructure Design & Management
- Provide technical advice on functional requirements and technical specifications in the acquisition of hardware and software to meet current and future computing needs.
- Set priorities for the maintenance, development and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, etc.
- Oversee the installation and configuration of hardware, software (i.e. PCs, laptops, Printers, Scanners, etc.) and other peripherals in an efficient and effective manner to facilitate business operations.
- Responsible for managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications and other peripherals.
- Responsible for the effective management/usage of software, hardware, data and voice communication resources of GIIF.
- Conduct research/studies into new software technologies, tools and methodologies to determine potential value for GIIF.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Lead all IT related investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Responsible for ensuring that IT standards are adhered to and in line with regulatory requirements and governance standards.
- Liaise with legal Department in the development of Service Level Agreements and monitor Service Providers to ensure High System availability.
- Manage day-to-day systems related activities of GIIF.
- Responsible for developing IT controls systems and monitor to ensure that the company is protected against IT intrusion and other attacks e.g. illegal database updates, viruses, etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual operating budget of the IT function and implement same.
Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with new/emerging developments and international best practices in IT management and advice Management on new trends/practices and its related business initiatives.
- Prepare monthly/periodic reports on issues relating to IT operations.
- Provide support to Divisions/Departments in their data management and reporting systems.
Employee Performance & Development
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff are adequately trained to effectively use IT systems.
- Conduct performance appraisal and provide input for career development and recommend performance incentives for subordinate staff.
- Identify training needs and facilitate training for subordinate staff
- Masters’ Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Seven (7) years relevant working experience with at least 3 years in senior officer position.
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the implementation of IT security tools and techniques.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Information Governance and its application within IT.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of network hardware, software, protocols and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in application support with proven knowledge in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Considerable knowledge/understanding of various aspects of IT infrastructure.
- Proven planning and organising skills.
- High ability to investigate and diagnose problems in a wide range of IT systems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Operating and Security Systems.
- Good knowledge/understanding of Data and Telecommunication Systems.
- Good knowledge of Databases and Electronic messaging.
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Good ability to meet deadlines and execute projects.
- Good decision making based on thorough analysis.
- Good managerial, coaching and interpersonal skills in a “team” setting.
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance.
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent by COB 30 August 2021.